Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Sweet Potato Macadamia
Friday, December 13, 2013
- 2 ¼ tablespoons chopped & toasted Macadamia nuts
- 1 ¾ cups Sweet Potatoes
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 4 tablespoons drained, canned Crushed Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Wash and wedge Sweet Potatoes.
- Chop Macadamia Nuts and toast slightly.
- In a large bowl, toss the Sweet Potato wedges in Maple Syrup (ONLY 1 tablespoon), Salt & Pepper.
- Bake in oven for approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a saucepan, add vinegar, mustard, honey and remainder of the Maple Syrup. Reduce by half.
- Pour reduction over the wedges, top with nuts and the well-drained pineapple.
- Finish in oven for another 10-15 minutes.
6 Delicious New England Bakeries
The Daily Meal has compiled a list of America's 50 Best Bakeries; which New England hotspots made the list?
Seven Stars Bakery, Providence
Seven Stars Bakery is a staple for any Providence foodie. With breads and pastries made from scratch with local ingredients, the top-notch Seven Stars Bakery strives for quality. Can't decide what you're in the mood for? Try the lemon pound cake, olive bread filled with Kalamata and Moroccan oil cured olives, or ginger biscuit scones.
820 Hope Street, Providence
342 Broadway, Providence
Rumford Center, 20 Newman Avenue, East Providence
A & J King, Salem, MA
A & J King Artisan Bakers serves traditional, artisanal bread and pastries. Along with the bakery's regular menu selections, A & J King features rotating weekly specials like semolina apricot fennel and asiago chile. Have their tried-and-true sticky bun or the caramel bourbon pecan bread pudding for another gooey treat.
48 Central Street, Salem, MA
Mike’s Pastry, Boston, MA
For the best cannoli in Boston, it's all about Mike’s Pastry. But while you're in there make sure to check out the rest of what it has to offer; you won't regret it. From boozy rum cakes to red velvet whoopie pies to ricotta pie to lobster tail, a flaky pastry filled with either white cream or yellow custard, there’s something to suit every sweet craving. And of course, don't forget the classic Boston cream pies!
300 Hanover Street, Boston
Clear Flour Bread, Brookline, MA
Clear Flour Bread has been a Brookline fixture for more than 30 years and has the awards to show for it! Clear Flour Bread prides itself on its Italian and French pastries being made from scratch, shaped by hand, and baked in a stone hearth. The morning buns will pick you right up on those sluggish Mondays, and their croissants, cranberry currant scones, and molasses cookies are to die for.
178 Thorndike Street, Brookline, MA
Standard Baking Co., Portland, ME
The Standard Baking Company in downtown Portland has every bread you could possibly want. Rosemary focaccia, pain de mie, brioche, boules, epi bread? Check. Morning buns? Check. Croissants? Take your pick: almond, chocolate, plain, or ham and cheese? Whatever you're in the mood for, owners Allison Bray and Matt James have got you covered.
75 Commercial Street, Portland, ME
Flour Bakery + Café, Boston, MA
A trip to Flour Bakery and Café is the kind of thing that will easily make your day. Be sure to try the amazing sticky buns, the banana bread, granola bars, or brioche with raisins. And for those with a sweet tooth, check out the lemon curd cakes with raspberry preserve, Milky Way tarts, and chocolate cupcakes with Crispy Magic Frosting. Is your mouth watering yet?
12 Farnsworth Street, Boston
1595 Washington Street, Boston
190 Mass. Ave., Cambridge
131 Clarendon Street, Boston
- Healthy Meals To Cook At Home: Autumn Butternut Squash
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Barley + Red Quinoa Medley
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Curried Chickpea Salad
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Chicken + Honey Mustard Pinwheels
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Spooky Braised Short Ribs
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home: Roasted Beets with Kale and Farro
- Healthy Meals to Cook at Home - Farro, Pumpkin with Pomegranate Seed